General Cargo Shipping
Moving from novice to expert in under 60 seconds.
Shipping general cargo (any cargo that must be loaded individually)? McCullough excels in either shipping cargo to New Zealand or shipping cargo from New Zealand. That’s what we’ve been doing for over 20 years for people like you. We make general cargo shipping simple for you with our 1-2-3 step shipping process. It’s rapid, cost effective AND we get it right first time. We create solutions. For you.
General Cargo Shipping: Your 1-2-3 step service.
- Step 1: Pick up at origin and packing
- Step 2: Shipping
- Step 3: Delivery to your door
We provide and handle the complete process i.e. shipping, Customs, and MAF clearance, packing, transport, delivery and insurance.
4 EASY steps to get your General Cargo moving:
- Establish your incoterms so you know your budget. These divide transaction costs and responsibilities between buyer and seller e.g. if you only paid for goods then that would be Ex works. If your price includes cartage to the port or bond and export documentation then that would be FOB. Your price could include Ocean Freight and Insurance - CIF.
- Contact us with your cargo specifications:
Dimensions (length, height and width)
Number to be shipped
FCL (full container load) or LCL (less than container load).
- Inform us of your supplier details so that our local agents can contact them directly to sort out the shipping details.
- Sit back and let us organise and arrange your best solution. We’ll:
- Calculate the most cost effective way of moving your general cargo – we’ll make temporary changes to it (if required) to save in shipping costs e.g. We’ll pack it up as small as possible.
- Inform you about complying with the destination quarantine standard.
- Arrange all your documentation e.g. ownership title, insurance and bill of lading, Customs, MAF
- Supervise the loading and unloading process. We know what to do with:
- Cranes to lift your general cargo.
- Loading points and weight distribution.
- Get your cargo cleared and off the port as fast as possible due to our well-established and strong relationships with the ports and wash bays.
- Personally communicate with you every step of the way, until your general cargo is safely at your door.
General Cargo Shipping Key Tips:
- Ensure that it is packed up as small as possible and secure or remove any loose parts.
- Ensure that you thoroughly clean inside and out, paying particular attention to the pallet and packaging and for motor vehicles under the guards, the grills and interior, boot and engine bay.
- MAF will be looking for dirt, and plant matter i.e. seeds and leaves.
- Ensure you consider marine insurance (we can provide full A Clause Insurance covering you from pickup at origin to drop off at destination):
- Remember to take close up photos of every side of your general cargo.
- Ensure that you advise if your cargo has any special requirements i.e. starting procedures or no brakes!
New Zealand is the gateway into the Pacific Islands, we have specialist handling experience of cargo into this region. From special projects to imported goods (75% of the products into the Pacific are imported from Europe, Asia, and the Americas) and with our extensive experience we can help you get your cargo to the required destination.